Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014 Receiving a Prophecy and Standing Up Alone


 Asian food! real curry! yum

pres. fireside with rachel

hermanas are on the move! this is how we look when we bike haha
hermana jones and banks

Una Prueba de su fe...

There's something so different about being out on a mission. It changes your life. It changes everything really. I've never been more stressed out, tired, frustrated, and discouraged in my entire life, but i've never felt so happy, filled with hope, peace understanding and added knowledge in my entire life.
I feel so alive, and my life is so exciting too! haha every night i go to bed feeling so complete because i've had such a meaningful day- and none of my day has to do with me! It's all about everyone else, and in return I receive back soooo much!  I feel important and understand daily my purpose. I feel how much of an influence I can be to others. The love I feel for everyone has hit a new level. I really just want to be a good person, and I really just want to serve others for the rest of my life. I'm not afraid anymore to show that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I FEAR NO MAN!!!!!!! RAHHHHH!!!!!! haha I really don't though. It's pretty cool. I'm not afraid to let people know that I want to live the gospel and that I do live the gospel because that is when I find the true happiness in life.

I got asked to go to another Church this week and we went and they had "prophets" there who revealed revelation to me and sister Taito. the prophet got up in front of the whole congregation and called us out, he said to me specifically that he can see that I love God and thus I have gone deep into my religion, but that God told him that I needed to know the REAL Jesus, that I only knew a little bit of Jesus because of my religion, but that Jesus is so much bigger than my religion. He doesn't know that my religion IS Jesus. That I am becoming like Jesus more and more each day. That is what our church is all about. And I've never felt closer to my savior and redeemer!  At the end I got up and stood in front of the whole congregation and sang "I know that my redeemer lives" and I bore my testimony on how I knew that Jesus is our savior and redeemer. and then we left. haha that was one of the most gutsy things I've ever done haha but it was cool. and scary as heck... 

I know that there are many who do not believe that we are Christians, I've heard that many a time on my mission. We are indeed Christians. When I hear this I always think about what Jesus said, that anything that is good, cannot come from Satan, and a house divided against himself cannot stand. This also stands true for the Book of Mormon. If it is good, and draws you nearer to God, then, it comes from God.

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/a-house-divided?lang=eng
We all search for peace and assurance in this life. There are so many places to search for temporal happiness here on earth, but the fountain of everlasting life and everlasting peace can only come through the Lord Jesus Christ. There was a woman in the Bible who asked how she could acquire this fountain of everlasting water. Where do we find true and everlasting happiness? 
 
https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-teaches-a-samaritan-woman?lang=eng

anyway, that was this weeks excitement. I've never had my faith tested so much as I have here on my mission. It really makes you think about how much you truly believe about what you believe. All I can say is the more others try to convince me that I am not in the right church, the more I study and the more I come to find that it is most assuredly true. That is the best feeling ever! 
This is the true and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ and He shows us how we can return to live with Him in eternal happiness.

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-teaches-of-being-born-again?lang=eng
I know that he lives and he loves us. It is written within our souls and our hearts know truth when the Holy Ghost manifests it to us! I love this gospel! 
I love you all!  Keep seeking for truth and confirmation of truth always throughout your life, and then the mysteries of heaven will no longer be mysteries.
andele pues! 
Love, Hermana Ficklin



No comments:

Post a Comment