Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015 - My New Companion is Sister Hunt!

                                                              the -5 day of transfers

                sister Peterson picked up sister pierce the last day she was here haha

My new companion, Sister Hunt (:   She's hilarious! And she's from Mesa, Arizona.


                                                               the windmill fields


                      the polls... haha love them! Anthony, Luann, Lula, and brother Jim


                                                              sister smith and I

                Ajulu and her family, Oballa, Odonga, Aconi and her friends from Ethiopia

                              my Burmese friends, Byahmar, Tireh, Laylay and July


So now its a new transfer, and it is going swimmingly! well, actually I wouldn't want to go swimming in this weather... there's just a little bit of frost on the lake, or maybe like three feet of ice. Not like we can go swimming anyway haha I'm fine with that rule here!

Anyway, things are going great! Sister Hunt is my new companion and she is awesome! she is from Mesa, AZ and she is quiet at first but then you get to know her and she is hilarious!!

The area has been doing great and we've been able to meet some new people! Two girls we met the other day when we were in one of our investigators apartments knocking on their door and they came walking down the hallway and we said hello to them and they asked us if we were church people and we said yes and they asked if they could come to church, so naturally, we said sure! why not! so we sat down in the hallway right there and taught them about the restoration of the church and the blessing it is to have the gospel. (: 

We also had a lesson with the doctor at MAYO clinic, in his office at the hospital about the 10 commandments and the Sabbath day. What a great guy he is! He is a great example to me of sacrifice and willing to put other things aside because he wants to learn truth. He had piles of work to do and yet he wanted to meet and so he'd rather have us come to his office in the hospital than not meet at all. That shows a willing heart if I ever saw one! He is doing wonderful and loves the gospel.

Serious is getting baptized this week! woohoo! Her baptism date is Saturday the 17th (: we are so excited for her and we are doing the preparations this week to get her ready. The whole ward is so excited!

We taught a lesson in gospel principles class this week about personal work and responsibility. What a wonderful concept work and responsibility is! I learned a lot in that lesson. I've learned how everything God and Christ have done for us have been through their own efforts and work, I think creating a universe was probably a lot of work...that and bringing to pass the salvation and everlasting life of man. That's gotta be a lot of work. I've learned a lot about work on my mission as well and what a wonderful thing it is to have. It brings a sense of fulfillment into your life and when you work hard, you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

And when you have a happy attitude and enjoy the work you do, it doesn't make the work seem so much like work! We should all work together and bear one another's burdens and make the work load lighter. I'm grateful for my parents examples of working hard and laboring with all of their heart, might, mind, and strength in all things physical and spiritual, because now I see what a blessing it's been in my life and I want to be like them!

Work is a blessing, and I'm grateful for it!

So that's the main events of what's happened up north this week (: Lots of fun! Lots of cold (: Doesn't get any better than this!

Love you all! Have a great week! Love, Hermana Ficklin

(Note from Mom: ONLY 37 DAYS UNTIL KAYLANI COMES HOME!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment