Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015 I Get to Stay in Austin for my last transfer!



                                                             Me and Nana
                                                 and me and Martha and her kids


that's us at zone p day on New Years 2015

Time sure has flown. Sixteen and a half months ago, I started my mission by going to the Mexico MTC. Sister Peirce was my first companion. These are some pictures she had taken of our time together there.















                                                                        The Beatles






 Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! 2015

Wow this transfer flew by!! We found out transfers today and I found out that I'm going to stay in Austin for my last transfer!!! Woohoo!!!! I'm so happy! We've got some amazing people we are teaching here and I'm so happy that I get to see them for another month and a half! Sister Pierce gets to go back to Lakeville, the only other area she's been in and she's really happy that she gets to spend her last transfer there! My new companion will be Sister Hunt, who I will get to meet on Wednesday (: Well, there it is. My last transfer has finally come and now here comes the best transfer ever! I'm really going to do my best to work hard and enjoy every second of the last 6 weeks that I have out on the mission! I know that missionary work won't stop here for me, but I'll  be sad to leave Minnesota (even though it is freezing cold here). There are so many amazing blessings you get to see while on your mission. There's truly nothing like it.

Oh, hey, Happy New Year everybody! It's finally 2015!
We had a really great New Year! It was our P-day and we drove down to Rochester and had a game day with the entire Zone. We played Dodge ball, 3 step, schmendricks (a game like charades), and volleyball. Soooo much fun, it was a blast! We then went over to one of our members homes and had a prime rib dinner with their family, the bishop, and Megan. I don't think I've had anything better. yum, so good. We then had the ward volleyball night and we played with the Poll family and Megan and Cennedeigh which was just as great! I learned how to spike the ball, thanks to sister Poll, the volleyball champ (: It was a wonderful way to start off the New Year.

We've met some new people this week and we got to meet with an entire family from Burma, Thailand. They have two little girls who are the cutest things ever! They came to church with us this week (even though it was freezing cold and windy) and they loved it and asked if they could come back! haha we of course said "yes!"

One thing I really love is getting to meet new people. There is always someone you can serve and there is always something you can learn from. It's amazing and I love it!  I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that we are all related, we are all Gods children, because I just want to hang out with these people that I meet all the time!!! It's gonna be so much fun in heaven.

Well, I hope you all have a WONDERFUL New Year! Start it off great and stick with it! Stay warm! It's below freezing here! The Minne-snow-ta is back (; thank goodness for hand warmers!

Love you all! 
Love, Sister Ficklin




No comments:

Post a Comment