Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014 Askov

 On the way to Sandstone

 one of my favorite scriptures. i love the family!



totem pole at moose lake


Espanol otravez!

The Askov area is really picking up. We are working on your advice and what you talked about with asking how we can help out the relief society and priesthood presidents. We have been focusing more on family history and working with the part member and less active families and we've been having a lot of success with them! Just a few days ago a part members son who is less active bore one of the most sincere and honest testimonies on how he knows the church was true even though he's messed up and done a lot of wrong, his testimony will never change, and he wants to change and do better and come back to church and now he wants us to meet with his girlfriend as well! we are very excited about it! We also found a Spanish speaking family who we are teaching both their friends and their kids and it is a blast! ah I miss Spanish. And I haven't lost it! 

okay so I've started the Book of Mormon over again because I'm trying to finish my project that I've started where I am just marking up everything I love and learn about it, and I started doing that with the Bible as well, but that will have to be a work in progress. But I am learning sooo much about the Book of Mormon and I absolutely love it. Right now I am reading Jacob 5 which is the parable of the olive tree. There is so much symbolism in that chapter about your own life, and about the times now that we live in.

If there is ever a trying, hard, or revelatory time it is through the scriptures that i find my peace and I can find the answers to the questions I have for the day.

One thing I want to talk about is how life is tough. and it can be hard and honestly sometimes you just want to bury your head in the ground like an ostrich. But I've come to realize what positivity and pro activeness can do for you. You have to change your state of mind from hopelessness to determination. That it's all going to turn out okay. Then, you try it. You work on the personal things you want to change. And you will probably fail the first time, but practice is part of improvement, its part of success. 


But if i could give any advice for this week. is stop thinking negatively about the world. be positive and change the world!

Well, gotta go but I know that this gospel is the best and I live it and I love it and I work at it every day.

Love you all! Love Hermana Ficklin


No comments:

Post a Comment