Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014 I’m getting transferred to Shingle Creek

 Moose Lake



an old german ladies gorgeous yard. shes won many prizes for her yard flowers






the moving wall came to sandstone. everyone who was mia or pow in the vietnam war. i found a few ficklin names on it. any look familiar? family history work perhaps? (:


Transfers!

Another adventure! Im going to be transfered to shingle creek! Which is back in the cities and if I'm not mistaken I'll be back in the same apartment that I was when I first got here! so I'll be on the flip side this time and I'll be doing english work! Africans here I come! I'm really excited to go! I'll realllly miss Askov though I've really enjoyed being here ): But tis the missionary life.

so this week we had the moving wall come to sandstone which is a replica of the wall in Washington DC of all of the MIAs and POWs of the Vietnam war. I found a few Ficklin names on there! Interesting stuff. we talked to a few veterans here and they told us stories and expressed their deep thoughts on it all. I really appreciate those who make such sacrifices for our country and for our families.

the moving wall came to sandstone. everyone who was mia or pow in the vietnam war. i found a few ficklin names on it. any look familiar? family history work perhaps? (:


We had dinner at one of our members house. They are amazing and a shining example to me of standing strong in testimony even in old age. they are in their 80's and 90's and they love to do missionary work haha they are the cutest. they took us on a tour of their 300 plus acreage and told us the history of the log mill their family owned and told of their family history. it was amazing and beautiful and i fell in love with the area they showed us. I really can't wait to get home to do family history work. (Grandma, you’re gonna have a companion for a while and show me the ropes!)

the delongs. the lake they put the logs in.






the Delongs used to own the largest wood mill in the state. these are the spikes that was the foundation of the factory
 the delongs house. they have 345 acres of the most beautiful land ive ever seen. i fell in love with it.


We also made tamales with another member and shared this fun experience with others of our ward and it was a blast! and it was also delicious... yum!


and Zarin guess what! there is a russian family that one of our members are selling their boat to and they are going to share a russian book of mormon with them! So cool! 

anyway gotta go! lot's to do today! Transfer week is crazy!!! 
I love you all!

And for those of you who are going through trials and struggle, fear not for the enemy deride, courage for the Lord is on thy side!
Pray Lots, He is there for you. Have confidence in him. (:

Love Hermana Ficklin


No comments:

Post a Comment