Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 1, 2014 Transfers came and I get to stay in Shingle Creek with Sister Taito!


a yellow watermelon! it was yummy


farmers market in front of our favorite asian food store 




Quiddich





Signs and Wonder (twins). sooooo cute!


me with the twins, Signs and Wonder


minnion service




me and sis taito (: my favorite companion


my african outfit


 Transfers!!!

       I am staying in Shingle Creek! yayyy! I'm so happy. Me and Sister Taito are staying together as well. yesss... 

I'm kinda attached to this area and our investigators so I am really blessed to stay here in this area. to paraphrase Alma, Perhaps I'll stay here until the day I die. I would be really happy to!

So this week has been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We have been finding wonderful new families and wonderful new people that we are so excited to teach. This Sunday was amazing as well, we had many investigators at church listening to our bishop talk on grace.

He shared the story Gordon B. Hinckley shared about the school boys who were rowdy and rambunctious and no teacher could teach them. One new teacher came to town and decided that the boys would come up with their own rules. The consequence to the rules would be ten stripes across the back without their coat on. they all agreed to these rules. One day a big guy named Tom got his lunch stolen and they found the culprit, a little fellow with a big coat on. As the rules stated he had to have his punishment of ten stripes across the back, the teacher asked why he had stolen his lunch and he'd said that he was hungry, the trembling boy came up to take his beating but begged that he not take off his coat. But the teacher stated that the rules must be carried out and that he'd have to take off his coat. The little boy took off his coat and it revealed a crippled skinny body and the teacher hesitated to start the beating. Just then the boy Tom got up and volunteered to take the boys beating. The class all agreed and Tom went in place for the beating. On the 5th stripe the rod broke and the class was in tears. Little Jim wrapped his arms around Tom and said "Tom, thank you, I will love you until the day I die." 

It is a symbol of what Jesus Christ has done for us, and like the boys in the story, the whole congregation at our ward was broken up in tears. Including the bishop who was telling the story. 

I love the Lord our Savior with all of my heart. I know the more we learn about Him, the more we love Him. Promise that you will always continue in spiritual knowledge. It strengthens us in ways we desperately need especially in our days today.

I love you all! until next time!
Love Sister Ficklin





No comments:

Post a Comment